Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pictures

I originally had no intention of posting pictures of my hair loss (from radiation treatment) on here or Facebook or anywhere for that matter, but then I was like, "Whatever."  :)  This is just part of the journey.

*Side note: The boys and I were going to have pictures made on Tuesday, March 13th, but a couple of seizures canceled that. So, I moved it back to Friday. I almost scheduled our session for the following Monday, but I knew my hair would probably start falling out soon. It was a good thing I opted for Friday, because by Sunday I was shedding like crazy.
Friday, March 16th
Mommy, Westin, and Nolan




Sunday, March 18th - My part is getting wider, and a mild bald spot starts to appear on the right side of my head.


Monday, March 19th - Significant changes:


Friday, March 23rd - Getting a mohawk is no longer an option:

I now have an extremely large area of baldness. It's such a shame, too, because I really liked my hair. :)  The plan is to shave the rest of it off as soon as I have permission from the doctor. (I think we're going to throw a head-shaving party!)  Then I might look for a cute wig to wear - or not. Either way, I will still have to wear hats whenever I am outside to protect my scalp from the sun.

6 comments:

  1. When is the head shaving party?? Do you want me to shabe mine first?? I know it doesn't prove anythins as I am NOT going through an iota of what yoy are but sometimes it is nice to have someone for support and by your side. We cab set up via skype!! I'm all in!
    Whatever it takes!! Love you Kimberly Rappuhn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't planned a date yet, but as soon as we do I'll let you know! :) And you don't have to shave your head unless you just want to. Skyping has definitely been discussed for when I shave it off.

      Delete
  2. OH Sandi! A head shaving party is a great idea. Who are is going to shave with ya? or is it just a big celebration of you shaving your head? Anyway, hair or no hair, you ARE so beautiful! I'm continuing to pray for all of you. If you need me for anything, I'm a phone call away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The party would be a celebration of finishing radiation treatment. Anyone is welcome to shave their head with me - not that I expect too many volunteers to come forward. Haha! :) I'm trying to talk Westin into shaving his head, but I won't make him. We'll just have to wait and see. I think it will be fun.

      Delete
  3. As I look at your pictures I struggle a little because I see strength in you that I saw in my Mom as I was growing up. I was reminded of a recent conversation I had with her after one of my surgeries this past year, she told me that the process of losing the hair was not as hard as when she shaved it. My Dad shaved it for her as she was to weak and we as kids never knew it but they say on the floor and cried together. Her hair grew back stronger and more beautiful then it was before and the bond of them struggling together is one of the three chord holds in the marriage today.
    I don't tell you any of this to bring you down but to tell you that who ever God has in your path to walk with you during those difficult times then let them do what they need to do. It is building Godly character and bonds in relationships that you will cherish forever.
    I love you and your family deeply and you are in my prayers on my heart and on my mind often.
    Your sister in Christ,
    Amy Ammons

    ReplyDelete