Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Radiation: Day 1

I did it! I survived my first day of treatment! :) It actually wasn't that bad. Kevin took these lovely pictures for me:

Being introduced to the Trilogy machine*
*It still drives me nuts that my sweater was bunched up in the back like that. :)



Making adjustments and being bolted to the table




 Looks comfortable, eh? :)




 Lining up the lasers


After bolting my head to the table, the technicians took some x-rays to make sure I was in the correct position. Then Dr. Gefter (Radiation Oncologist) and Dr. Berg (Medical Physicist) did a dry run to make sure my mask was marked correctly. We were all set! The actual treatment lasted less than two minutes, and I didn't feel a thing.

Dr. Gefter showed me where I might have hair loss that could take six months or more to grow back, but as Westin said tonight, "Jesus can hold your hair on with His hands. Right, Mommy?" I will stand in agreement with that!

I took my first dose of Temodar tonight, as well. Let's attack those unwelcome tumor cells with a one-two punch!

3 comments:

  1. my heart is with you, my thoughts are with you, and my prayers send your name before the Father constantly. you are beautiful, inside and out, and you are stronger than you imagine.
    there is more to say than i could write in a comment, but i think you know most of it; the laughter and tears of our shared memories, the smallest things that shape my love for you, and the words that could never explain it at all.
    my deepest affections and highest desires for you are all overwhelmed in the love of the Father, and i pray we are together again soon.
    much love, karey

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you. You are a strong woman. Words are not enough to express how we feel. you have our prayers and our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you for being so brave and willing to share your journey. We keep you in our thoughts and prayers always! This summer when we have our relay for life we will have some luminarias for you!
    Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete