Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

I'll Praise You in this Storm

I thought starting a blog would be the easiest way to keep everyone updated, but I don't enjoy blogging, and I'm okay with that. It reminds me too much of writing essays and papers in high school. BLEH!

Kevin and I made a trip to Nashville this past week for another MRI scan on the 29th and an appointment with the doctor on the 30th. Both were uneventful as far as appointments go. Check in, get stuck (Labs/IV), wait, wait, wait, take care of business, go home. What's funny, I guess, is that as many times as I've had needles shoved in my arms, I'm starting to remember the people who are good at what they do and the ones who should practice on themselves before going to work. Ouch!

We met with Dr. Moots on Tuesday morning to discuss the MRI. His initial assessment before receiving the radiologist's report was that there were no changes to the tumor. If there were any, they were minimal. Then on 10/31 he sent me a message with the following information:

The official report on the MRI is that the core is unchanged. The deep or inner edge on the views without contrast was described as "minimally increased". This can result from radiation after-effects, although we cannot entirely exclude tumor growth as the cause. I think the best plan is to push ahead and we will keep watching that closely on the MRIs.

So, we will keep on keeping on. I believe that NOTHING is impossible for God, and I have prayed that this tumor would bring Him glory. I fail Him when I rely on my own strength, but I know that when I surrender my will to Him the possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment